DUSE201 Universal Extender
Multi-format to Cat6
DUSE201 Universal Signal Converter and Scaling Extender
DEXON Systems offer high quality universal extenders for demanding AV projects. The DUSE201 scaling extenders process different format of input signals, switch and scale them to the required output resolution and transmit through Cat6 cable to remote displays with HDMI input. The format and frame rate conversions make the product an essential part of AV projects where different signals are used to drive remote displays. Professional input signal processing and scaling provide the highest quality and crystal clear video picture on the output without loss of frames. Easy-to-use configurations can be set up by push buttons, LCD panel or USB connected laptop.
• Supports all industry standard input signal formats and connector standards as
o composite video
o component video (YPbPr)
o analogue RGB (VGA)
o digital DVI or HDMI with HDCP
• EDID Expert with fluent input and output EDID handling capabilities
• HDCP handling for input and output signals
• Professional input signal processing and quality improvement services as
o motion adaptive de-interlacing
o 3D adaptive comb filtering
o adaptive 3D noise reduction
• High quality scaling up or scaling down with professional interpolation
• Format and frame rate conversion
• Providing the highest quality crystal clear video image on the output in real time
• Multiple configuration tools
o Push buttons and front panel LCD display
o Push buttons with OSD on the output screen
o Full graphical user interface on notebook connected to USB port
• Switch and transmit the input signals through Cat6 cable and DCATR receiver box with HDMI output up to 100 m distance
• Full HDCP support over single Cat6 cable
• User presets to save and recall device settings
• Handling of analogue audio, digital S/PDIFF audio with audio de-embedding and embedding function
Chassis for the easy installation
Small, 1U high chassis with ½ 19” rack width for easy installation and fitting to 19” racks. Low noise level as no internal fans used. The chassis contains internal 230V power supply with separate mains switch.
Different input and output connectors for different signals
Large variety of input and output signals are supported by custom signal connectors.
Large set of supported input signal types
• Composite video: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
• S-video : PAL, NTSC, SECAM
• Component video, YPbPr: 576i, 576p, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
• RGB, VSYNC, HSYNC: from 640x480 up to 1920x1200
• Digital DVI: DVI 1.0, from 640x480 up to 1920x1200
Digital HDMI 1.3 : HDMI 1.3 and HDCP 1.2 specifications, from 640x480 up to 1920x1200
• DisplayPort 1.1: from 640x480 up to 1920x1200
• 3GSDI/HD-SDI/SDI: SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M
Universal Input Signal Handling for Easy System Integration
Any of the industry standard signals can be connected to the device’s input connectors for processing. The signals are processed according to the following functions
• Frame rate converted
• Format converted
• De-interlaced with high quality hardware engine
• Scaled down or scaled up by high quality hardware scaler engine
Outputs for local or remote signal visualization
The output signals can be used for
• Local connection through DVI connector providing DVI or HDMI output signal
• Local HDBaseT connection through RJ45 connector to be connected to Cat5E or Cat6 cables directly
The two output connectors drive the very same picture but in different signal formats. One can be used to local visualization while the second one for remote peripherals if using 1 x DCATR HDBaseT receiver unit that converts the HDBaseT signal to DVI/HDMI at the output.
Universal audio signal handling at the input and output also
Analogue and digital audio inputs, de-embedding and embedding at output, separate audio output connections ensure the device universal audio signal processing service. Connectors and signals
• R, L analogue audio input
• S/PDIF digital audio input
• R, L analogue audio output
• S/PDIF digital audio output
• Embedded audio in HDMI output signal
Automatic input source switch to output connectors
The DUSE201 device works as a standalone device with built-in intelligent services.
• Video input signal switch to output
• Audio input switch and embedding at the output
Easy setup chance for automatic detection of the input sources and switch the first active signal to the output automatically.
Easy control external setup methods
The DUSE201 device can be controlled from two sources:
• Front panel push buttons for the basic setup by the help of an OSD menu
• Laptop connected to the USB port of the device giving the chance for a graphics user interface for setup and control
Straightforward setup and control through USB connection
The scaler device can be configured and set up by the DXUniversalScaler application program. Please install the program to a laptop or PC with Windows operating system and connect the device to the DEXON Scaler with USB cable.
1. Connection Status
This section shows the status of the selected serial port. Here you can close or open a serial port.
2. Input Select
This button selects the active input and so the button’s background colour indicates which input is selected (the background colour of active input is blue). There is also Auto Detect button to help the user to find the first valid input source.
3. Input Status
Displays the signal resolution and refresh rate for the selected input source. Shows the input status of the HDCP.
4. Control Tabs
The Control Tabs contain all of the adjustment options
5. Output Status
Displays the signal resolution and refresh rate of the output. Shows the screen’s HDCP capability.
6. User Presets
These buttons help the user to recall the saved presets easily.
7. Insertions, Temperature
There are two buttons for picture freeze and audio mute functions. You can check the temperature (in Celsius and in Fahrenheit) of the board.
External programming through RS232C or USB interfaces
The front panel’s mini USB and back panel’s RS-232 connectors allow the control, configuration and upgrading of the firmware. The device uses the simplest serial protocol. The messages passed in both directions have identical format.
|Audio handling||R, L analogue
|Setup and control||Easy-to-use setup through push buttons and LCD panel or USB connected laptop|
|Power Supply||Input: 100-240VAC, 50-60 Hz, 15W|
|Dimension||W105 x H28 x D125 (mm)|